WikiRug:Did You Know...?/2020/52
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ... "Serapi" may be a nickname given by American dealers for northwestern Persian Heriz carpets?
- ... Afshar carpets come in a variety of designs but common designs are Medallion, Shah Abbasi, Afshan, Fish, Gul Farang?
- ... Haji Orangi is a classic type of Zanjan rural carpet?
- ... Gholtogh designs have a vast variety woven by mental image?
- ... Nain weavers are credited with being the first to outline design elements and flowers with silk highlights?
- ... Qashqa'ies is produced by soaking the skein, which are colored by madder, in dough?
- ... Kolyai Rugs have a wool or cotton foundation and a wool pile?
- ... Malayer field colors are mostly reds, ivory, or dark blue, but at times, camel or light blue?